Have your dessert with the benefits of an avocado, too! Enjoy this family friendly treat.
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries, for garnish
- Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Place over a small saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the chocolate is melted and smooth, about 3 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Pour heavy cream into a bowl, whip with hand mixer until medium peaks are formed. Set aside.
- Place the avocados, cocoa powder, honey, vanilla and melted chocolate in a bowl. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Blend whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into glasses and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve.
Yield: 2 servings.
Which avocado recipe will you try? Tag us in your creations using #BlendMoreVeggies!